Last year was the first year that I participated in the Audiobook Challenge hosted by The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. I'd initially aimed pretty low for the challenge, hoping to complete only 15-20 audiobooks over the course of 2015, but I ended up listening to 59 audiobooks last year, which is truly an amazing accomplishment for me. Most of the books I listened to were speculative in nature and reviews were posted on Bibliosanctum. For a quick recap of my progress last year:
1st Quarter Update
2nd Quarter Update
3rd Quarter Update
4th Quarter Update
This year I've decided to participate in the challenge again, but even though I know I am capable of finishing many books, I'm still aiming for the 20-30 range because I never know what's going to pop up during the year, especially since I work full-time and have a family. I think that's a realistic goal to aim for, but I won't be upset if I make it to 50+ books again this year. I'll be updating the book site and this site with my progress throughout the year. Also, we'll be participating as a group again on Bibliosanctum.
The rules are as follow:
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button (on the sidebar) and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+